For 2020 the YZ450F was completely redesigned with a new, more compact electric start engine as well as a lighter aluminium bilateral frame and numerous other specification changes that made it faster, sharper and even more competitive. Developed from the bike that Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP rider Jeremy Seewer took to second overall in the 2019 MXGP World Championship — and equipped with cutting edge technology including the Launch Control System (LCS) and Power Tuner — the YZ450F is the most powerful and most sophisticated large-capacity production motocross bike ever developed by Yamaha.
The 2021 YZ450F returns with all of the class-leading features first introduced on the 2020 YZ450F, including an updated engine, cylinder head, frame and technology features for a lighter, more powerful and better handling motocross experience. Racers can achieve quicker, smoother race starts through Yamaha’s Launch Control System, and adjust their on-track performance using the onboard wireless connectivity through the free of charge Yamaha Power Tuner App.
This unique industry-leading Power Tuner App enables riders and mechanics to fine-tune the YZ450F’s engine performance at the trackside to personalize their settings and achieve the best performance in all conditions. The bike’s premium specification KYB® suspension and lightweight aluminium beam frame deliver outstanding handling at low and high speeds — and the ultra-compact high-tech 450cc 4-valve engine delivers strong power with control.
With new Icon Blue bodywork and matching blue front and side plates for 2021, this high-specification motocross bike delivers both on looks and performance — making the YZ450F the clear choice for every racer who wants to discover their true winning potential.
YZ450F Technical Highlights
- Ultra-compact 450cc 4-valve engine, power with control
- Rearward-slanted cylinder gives mass centralized design
- Reversed cylinder head with forward-facing inlet and rear-exit exhaust
- Yamaha Power Tuner for instant trackside tuning via a smartphone
- 2-mode handlebar button for switching engine power map while riding
- Compact electric starter with ultra-light battery
- Launch Control System (LCS) optimizes engine output for quicker starts
- Agile and lightweight aluminium bilateral beam frame delivers precise handling
- Slimline body and seat for ultimate ergonomics
- Industry-leading KYB® coil spring-type speed sensitive front suspension
- Link-type Monocross rear suspension with specially-tuned KYB® shock
- Lightweight wheels with blue rims
- 270mm front disc, 240mm rear disc
- 4-position adjustable rubber-mounted handlebar clamp<</li>
- Tapered aluminium handlebars with quick-adjust clutch perch
Visit www.yamaha-motor.eu for more information on the 2021 Off Road Competition models and the latest range of Yamaha Genuine and GYTR® accessories.
#yamahamotorbikes #yamahamx #yamahayz250f #motogusto #yamahamotorcycles